How to Start a Blog in 2020 (Step by Step)
As a rule, to become a blogger does not require any special knowledge, even if you have never written anything on the Internet, it is not a fact that you necessarily need a copywriting course. On the contrary — you should not bother your head with any templates. S/N Steps 1 Come up with a name 2 Select the engine for your blog 3 Buy a domain name and choose a hosting service 4 how to create a blog 5 Write and publish your first article 6 Show the article to your readers How to start a blog You can publish your first article on social networks or on a blog platform at any time: just register, write and click the «publish» button. If you decide to create a blog site, there will be more steps before the first publication.
- Come up with a name. The name should be well remembered and you like it. Then it will be easy for people to find your blog, and it will be a pleasure for you to work with it.
- Select the engine for your blog. It is more convenient to blog on engines that are created for this purpose — WordPress, EGEA.
WordPress has convenient tools for publishing and commenting posts, organizing categories, SEO optimization, and a large selection of templates. If you need help with installation, it will be easier to find a specialist, since WordPress has a large community.
Aegea offers fewer templates and tools, but it is easier to install. Suitable for those who start blogging.
You can choose the Drupal and Joomla engines. But since they are created for other tasks, you will have to make improvements to the blog, for example, setting up categories of articles, a page for displaying added posts. This is not always convenient and requires more programming skills.
- Buy a domain name and choose a hosting service. Come up with a domain name and check its availability with registrars. Next, select hosting. Hosting is a remote server where your blog files will be stored. Sometimes when you buy a hosting service, the domain is offered as a gift. Find out in advance so that you don’t miss out on the opportunity to save money.
- How to create a blog. Now you need to install and configure the blog engine. If you don’t have any experience in installation, it will be difficult to do it yourself. Where to get help:
Watch a YouTube video on configuring your CMS; write to the hoster; ask for advice from a friend with experience; hire a freelancer.
- Write and publish your first article. Choose a topic, make an article plan and, of course, start writing and creating your first post. Before publishing, edit the article and check the logic of the presentation. The article is easier to read when it has a clear structure: title, introduction, main part with subheadings and conclusions.
- Show the article to your readers. In order for a blog post to be seen by people, it needs to be promoted. Post a link to the article on social networks and invite readers to express their opinions, share the article in thematic groups and forums.
In General, be an individual and constantly analyze the demand on the Internet and in the blogosphere. Just writing dozens of articles will not lead to anything, unless of course you have a thousand audience that I expect from you every day a new mailing list, and they just live on the blog, but something I’m not sure. I hope the material was useful, and you now understand how to start your blog without errors.
For starters, you can check the domain for your block at this link.
A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority or control within the Internet. Domain names are used in various networking contexts and for application-specific naming and addressing purposes. In general, a domain name identifies a network domain, or it represents an Internet Protocol (IP) resource, such as a personal computer used to access the Internet, a server computer hosting a web site, or the web site itself or any other service communicated via the Internet. In 2017, 330.6 million domain names had been registered.
Domain names are formed by the rules and procedures of the Domain Name System (DNS). Any name registered in the DNS is a domain name. Domain names are organized in subordinate levels (subdomains) of the DNS root domain, which is nameless. The first-level set of domain names are the top-level domains (TLDs), including the generic top-level domains (gTLDs), such as the prominent domains com, info, net, edu, and org, and the country code top-level domains (ccTLDs). Below these top-level domains in the DNS hierarchy are the second-level and third-level domain names that are typically open for reservation by end-users who wish to connect local area networks to the Internet, create other publicly accessible Internet resources or run web sites.
The registration of these domain names is usually administered by domain name registrars who sell their services to the public.
A fully qualified domain name (FQDN) is a domain name that is completely specified with all labels in the hierarchy of the DNS, having no parts omitted. Labels in the Domain Name System are case-insensitive, and may therefore be written in any desired capitalization method, but most commonly domain names are written in lowercase in technical contexts.
And of course you need to buy hosting or buy VPS for your blog.
Last update: 17.04.2020