UNDP is the development arm of the United Nations system, with presence in over 170 countries. Globally the organization employs 17,000 people and manages a budget of USD 5 billion annually. The UNDP office in Baku employs a team of 55 professionals and currently manages a portfolio of projects in areas of inclusive growth, environmental protection and good governance.
“Conservation and sustainable use of globally important agro-biodiversity” Project seeks to: (i) improve the protection of viable populations of indigenous wild relatives of crops and local landraces in their natural habitats; (ii) augment the conservation of indigenous wild relatives of crops and local landraces in plant gene banks to ensure an adequate source of genetic resources for plant breeding; and (iii) increase the production, and extent of use, of local landraces in agricultural small holdings and commercial farms.
The project will be implemented in three regions – Sheki, Goranboy and Goychay. Within these three rayons, the project will further focus on selected crop wild relatives, cultivated native species and cultivated landraces of wheat, vegetable and forage crops.
The project has been structured into three complementary components.
The first component will seek to expand the state of knowledge of agro-biodiversity, enhance the conservation of this agro-biodiversity and increase the intensity and extent of use native crops in the agricultural sector in the three project regions.
The second component will seek to build the capacities of, and improve the collaboration and cooperation between, agricultural institutions and small farmers in order to improve agricultural productivity and reduce land degradation using native crops (i.e. the targeted crop species) in the three project regions.
The third component will seek to strengthen incentives that encourage the planting of, and improve access to commercial markets for agricultural products derived from, the targeted native crop species across the three regions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Administrative Clerkwill be responsible for the overall administration and/or additional support of the project (contractual, organizational, logistical, etc.). The Project Administrative Clerk will work in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications teams of UNDP in the organization for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme /project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- Collect, register and maintain all information on project activities;
- Advise all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensures their proper implementation;
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Maintain project filing system;
- Provide support to international and local consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc.);
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Assist in organization of meetings, training and workshops;
- Draft minutes of Project Steering Committees and other project related meetings;
- Draft field trip reports;
- Create Travel Request and Travel Claim (F10);
- Provide support in translation of project related documentation;
- Record the Project staff’s AL and Sick leave;
- Prepare assets/inventory reports;
- Prepare vendor forms and submit for approval;
- Prepare transfer of assets letters;
- Prepare act of acceptance;
- Prepare contract requests;
- Prepare payment orders;
- Provide general secretarial support to all project staff;
- Gathering and Archiving all related media publications;Undertake other relevant matters assigned by the NPM.
Knowledge Sharing and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Self-Management and Emotional Intelligence:
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Working in teams
- Accepts team role, contributes to the work of the team actively and constructively
- Works collaboratively with team members, sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Proactively pursues solutions to team problems and asks for help when needed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues inside UN/UNDP as well as its partners and other stakeholders to pursue common goals
- Takes action to resolve sources of tension or obstacles that may prevent a team from achieving its goals
- Integrate the ideas of team members from other disciplines/perspectives into his/her thinking by leveraging the different experiences and expertise
- Takes initiative and seeks opportunities to initiate action
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Ability to strategically link communication with partnership goals and resource mobilization objectives
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance or other social sciences.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service in public and private sector at the national or international level;
- Experience in event/training organization;
- Previous experience with UN and/or an international organization is an advantage.
Apply your CV
Published: 2021-01-02 02:47:21